Craft, Trade and Catering Stalls
This year there will be a large craft marquee accommodating over 50 stalls. Further outside pitches on Bit End Field are available for booking.
For trade stands 2019 contact Sue Walton on 07515829254 or email email@example.com
Booking forms are now available –
click here for download 190125_FairbookingformandT&Cs2019
For catering concessions 2019 contact Bob Wood on 07722 646449 or Sue Walton on 07515829254
Whittington Countryside and Craft Fair
Produce Show 7th September 2019
Open to all. Enter your home grown produce at the show. Entries are 50p for each category, under 18 categories 20p. 1st prize wins £5, 2nd prize wins £3. To take part please bring your entries to the Produce Marquee between 8-9am on the day. Judging will take place from 9.30am on the day. Any queries or for further information phone Ruth Meek 07952 407668.
Schedule of Classes
1. 3 potatoes white 10. 6 runner beans
2. 3 potatoes coloured 11. 6 dwarf beans
3. 2 carrots tops trimmed to 3” 12. 2 courgettes, max 6” incl flower
4. 2 parsnips tops trimmed to 3” 13. 2 corn on the cob
5. 3 onions dressed necks tied 14. 3 named desert apples
6. 6 shallots 15. 3 named pears
7. 3 beetroot tops trimmed to 3” 16. 8 stoned fruit
8. Plate of 6 tomatoes 17. Plate of 10 soft fruit
9. Plate of 6 tomatoes cherry type 18. Vase or pot of 4 different types of
herbs in water
Under 18’s only
19. Poster promoting bee and pollinator friendly gardening, A4 size
20. Vegimal – character or animal made from fruit and/or vegetables
Floral Art exhibits in the Marquee at Bit End Field Sponsored by Whittington Flower Arranging Society
Class 1-LIGHTNING STRIKES
An exhibit which may include accessories
Space allowed 90cm wide x 60cm deep, height unlimited
Class 2-YIN & YANG
A modern/contemporary arrangement following the new trend NOT to use oasis
Space allowed 90cm wide x 60cm deep height unlimited
ENTRY FEE £1
PRIZES 1st £10 2nd £5 3rd £3
CHILDRENS CLASS – BE CREATIVE WITH STICKS & STONES
Under 8 years or 9 to teens
ENTRY FEE 50p
PRIZES 1st £5, 2nd £3, 3rd £2
Staging to take place between 7.30 am – 9 am and cleared 4.30 pm -5.30 pm
Tables will be covered in black drapes
JUDGE Kara Strachan
Tel. No ………………………………………………
Class Entered …………………………………………..
Please return to:
21 Fisherwick Road
Call or email for any information required
Whittington WI – BATTENBERG CAKE.
FOR THE CAKE.
175G (6 OZ) BUTTER, SOFTENED
175G (6OZ) CASTER SUGAR
225G (8OZ) SELF RAISING FLOUR, SIEVED
1 TEASPOON VANILLA ESSENCE
115G (4OZ) MILK CHOCOLATE MELTED
2 TABLESPOONS WARMED RASPBERRY JAM, SIEVED
FOR THE COVERING
115G (4OZ) GROUND ALMONDS
115G (4OZ) ICING SUGAR, SIEVED
1 EGG BEATEN LIGHTLY
1 TEASPOON LEMON JUICE
1/2 TEASPOON ALMOND ESSENCE.
1. Grease and line an 18cm (7 inch) square tin. Divide the tin in half with folded grease proof paper.
2. Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, fold in the flour.
4. Divide the mixture into two bowls. Into one stir the vanilla essence into the other stir the melted chocolate. Mix thoroughly.
5. Place each of the mixtures in one half of the prepared tin, smooth the tops.
6. Bake at gas 4, electric 180 C or fan 160 C for 40-50 minutes until golden in colour and springy to the touch.
7. Remove the cake from the tin, carefully remove the paper from between the two halves. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Divide each cake in half down the length.
9. To cover the cake, first spread each of the length’s sides evenly with the warm jam, which should hold the four pieces together and assemble into a square with alternate colours on each side.
10. Make the covering by mixing the covering ingredients together, knead lightly.
11. Roll out the covering on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar.
12. Cover the four sides with the marzipan. Smooth the edges to give a neat finish. Dust with icing sugar.
Display on a plate. Please cover the cake with a plastic bag or cling film.